The SFT 881 is a low cost industrial K Factor PreAmp with Rate Alarm. The SFT 881 accepts and amplifies turbine pulses. They are then divided by 'K' to create output pulses representing standard units of volume (i.e. 1/10 of a barrel or one cubic meter). This reduces the frequency of the high speed pulses originating at the turbine into a lower frequency signal suitable to be input into low speed input devices such as some RTU's and PLC's. The amplification feature enables signal transmission up to distances of 1500 feet.
The 881 is also available without explosion proof enclosure.
- Turbine PreAmp - drives signal cable up to 1500 feet.
- Can operate as a high or low rate alarm.
- Stores a 'K' Factor between 1 and 9,999,999 (7 digits).
- Easy to enter 'K' Factor, no lengthy calculations or hexadecimal / Octal numbers to play with.
- Stores 5 pulse widths (0.15ms, 25ms, 100ms, 500ms, 1s).
- Stores two output pulse states.
- Two pushbuttons -- SELECT (digit) and INCREMENT (digit) -- allow the user to view or change the 'K' Factor, pulse width and output pulse state.
- Displays all parameters.
- Single, rugged LED digit and eight LEDs display the 'K' value.
- 'K' value is stored in EEPROM and retained even with loss of power.
- Eliminates cost of barriers if installation is completed to Class 1 specifications
- CSA rating Class 1, Div. 1, Groups B, C, & D.
- Accepts and amplifies raw turbine sizes 3/8 inch and up.
- Single LED indicates pulse activity.
- Wide temperature range: -40°C to 70°C.
- On-card microprocessor enables smart operation.
- Built-in watchdog timer and extensive transient protection assures reliable operation.
- Input sensitivity can easily be set from 20mV to 1V if so desired.